Receive product recommendations via API and use the resulting list of products to display them in recommendation blocks on your site.
To use the API recommendations:
- Upload a product data feed to your eSputnik account.
- After receiving an array of products, set up the display of blocks on your side (appearance, placements, headings).
- Go to the Site → Recommendations tab and click the New recommendation button.
- Select the Product data for API usage option
- Each type has different algorithms for product selections, for example, bestsellers for the main page or personalized recommendations for the category page. Any page type is suitable for a wishlist, blog, promotions, etc.
- Specify data source.
5.2. Call the function when you need to get product recommendations.
5.3. Use product data in your response at your discretion.
5.4. Set up ProductImpression event transmission.
In this recommendation type, the ProductImpression event is not automatically sent. Pass it when site visitors actually view the recommendation block. As parameters in the request, you need to pass the product ID and container_type, which were returned in the getRecommendations response.
In the general list of recommendations, API recommendations will be marked with the corresponding icon.
Updated about 2 months ago